Fertility Drug Clomid knowledge base
What is Clomid?
Clomid(Clomiphene Citrate) also being sold under Serophene brand name. Serophene, Clomid, generic Clomid or a Generic Clomiphene citrate - it's all the same drug.
Clomid being used in two general ways
A. Clomiphene Citrate or Clomid is the most common used fertility drug. And there are several good reasons for that:
- 25% of female factor infertility involves a problem with ovulation
- clomid is easy to use, it's being taken as a pill, so you don't need painful injections
- not too many side effects, minor influence on your health (most common are hot flashes, nausea, mood swings, breast tenderness). All side effects will pass as soon as you quit take clomid.
- clomid is rather cheap compared to other fertility drugs
- clomid effectively stimulates ovulation (about 80% of the time)
B. Clomid also used as anti-estrogen of choice for improving recovery of natural testosterone production. Generic clomid improves testosterone production of endurance athletes.
Number one chioce on reducing risk of gynecomastia during a cycle employing aromatizable steroids.
Clomid is an effective antagonist in the hypothalamus and in breast tissue. It is an effective agonist in bone tissue, and for improving blood cholesterol.