Have you ever been complimented for having a great body? The chances are good that you have been complimented many times. How did that make you feel? More importantly, what effect did that compliment have on your level of motivation to train and eat to make your body even better?


If I experience a situation that I view as positive (like a compliment), my mind starts searching for references in the past (like other compliments) that support my current beliefs about myself and my situation. And in this state of mind, I can always find a lot of them! I see and feel myself experiencing those positive events over and over again in the future. I compound or stack these emotions from the present, past, and future on top of each other. I talk to myself differently and I carry myself differently. I feel confident that I am capable and can do whatever it takes to continue enjoying and experiencing those feelings in the future-and at a higher level. I believe that all of my hard work and effort in the past have paid off-and will continue to pay off in the future.


Life sure is great when you feel this way, isn't it? Magnifying these positive, empowering emotions helps me believe I am in total control of making life even better. I am more willing than ever to do whatever it takes to make my bodybuilding efforts and my life even better!


Conversely, how has a negative comment about your physique made you feel or affected your level of motivation?


If I experience a situation that I view as negative (like an insult), my mind starts searching for references in the past (like other less-than-positive comments) that support my current negative beliefs about myself and my situation. And in this state of mind, I can always find a lot of them! I see and feel myself experiencing those negative events over and over again and also in the future. I compound or stack these emotions from the present, past, and future on top of each other. I talk to myself differently and I carry myself differently. I DO NOT feel very confident about my ability to change the situation. I believe that all of my hard work and effort in the past have not paid off-and may never pay off in the future.

Life isn't that great when you feel this way, is it? Magnifying these negative, disempowering emotions makes me believe that I'm not in control. I am not as willing to do what I must to improve my bodybuilding efforts and my life.




0 comments